Seacoast Episcopal churches announce Ash Wednesday schedule
on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 13, the Holy Eucharist with the Imposition of Ashes will occur in each church.
Trinity Church, 200 High St., Hampton, will hold its service at noon. The service at Christ Church, located at 1035 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, will be held at 7 p.m.
Sunday services throughout the Lenten season strike a simpler, more penitential tone than those normally offered through the rest of the year.
On the first Sunday of Lent, Feb. 17, Christ Church's 10:30 a.m. service will begin with the Great Litany in procession.
At Trinity Church's 8:45 a.m. Eucharist that day, the Penitential Order will be offered.
More information on any of the above programs may be obtained by accessing the church web sites: christepiscopalchurch.us or trinityhampton.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 1
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings