Seacoast Episcopal churches announce Ash Wednesday schedule
on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 13, the Holy Eucharist with the Imposition of Ashes will occur in each church.
Trinity Church, 200 High St., Hampton, will hold its service at noon. The service at Christ Church, located at 1035 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, will be held at 7 p.m.
Sunday services throughout the Lenten season strike a simpler, more penitential tone than those normally offered through the rest of the year.
On the first Sunday of Lent, Feb. 17, Christ Church's 10:30 a.m. service will begin with the Great Litany in procession.
At Trinity Church's 8:45 a.m. Eucharist that day, the Penitential Order will be offered.
More information on any of the above programs may be obtained by accessing the church web sites: christepiscopalchurch.us or trinityhampton.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax