Seacoast Episcopal churches announce Ash Wednesday schedule
on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 13, the Holy Eucharist with the Imposition of Ashes will occur in each church.
Trinity Church, 200 High St., Hampton, will hold its service at noon. The service at Christ Church, located at 1035 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, will be held at 7 p.m.
Sunday services throughout the Lenten season strike a simpler, more penitential tone than those normally offered through the rest of the year.
On the first Sunday of Lent, Feb. 17, Christ Church's 10:30 a.m. service will begin with the Great Litany in procession.
At Trinity Church's 8:45 a.m. Eucharist that day, the Penitential Order will be offered.
More information on any of the above programs may be obtained by accessing the church web sites: christepiscopalchurch.us or trinityhampton.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spanish exchange students feel welcomed at Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Sandown school board member demands surveillance video in letter to superintendent - 2
- Campbell High celebrates a national distinction - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Nashua board reviews eligibility for school sports and clubs - 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change