Nor'easter may bring heavy snow, strong winds to NH Friday
Winter storm watches were expanded to cover the entire state Wednesday morning for the storm, which is expected to move in Friday morning and linger into Saturday.
"I think the possibility of heavy snow is pretty good. Our recommendation is to continue to stay tuned," said John Jensenius, warning coordination meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
A low pressure system over the Northern Plains and a second over Texas are expected to merge into a powerful coastal storm off the Mid-Atlantic coast and then track northeast.
Jensenius said the southern and southeastern part of the state could see the highest snow totals with the strongest winds near the coast.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth