Nor'easter may bring heavy snow, strong winds to NH Friday
Winter storm watches were expanded to cover the entire state Wednesday morning for the storm, which is expected to move in Friday morning and linger into Saturday.
"I think the possibility of heavy snow is pretty good. Our recommendation is to continue to stay tuned," said John Jensenius, warning coordination meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
A low pressure system over the Northern Plains and a second over Texas are expected to merge into a powerful coastal storm off the Mid-Atlantic coast and then track northeast.
Jensenius said the southern and southeastern part of the state could see the highest snow totals with the strongest winds near the coast.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mid-April freezing and flooding give Granite Staters a rude awakening - 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing