Nor'easter may bring heavy snow, strong winds to NH Friday
Winter storm watches were expanded to cover the entire state Wednesday morning for the storm, which is expected to move in Friday morning and linger into Saturday.
"I think the possibility of heavy snow is pretty good. Our recommendation is to continue to stay tuned," said John Jensenius, warning coordination meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
A low pressure system over the Northern Plains and a second over Texas are expected to merge into a powerful coastal storm off the Mid-Atlantic coast and then track northeast.
Jensenius said the southern and southeastern part of the state could see the highest snow totals with the strongest winds near the coast.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 8
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out