In this weekend's Sunday News
RJ Overka, 8, from Franklin, uses a fishing pole during the 2009 Meredith Rotary Club's Great Ice Fishing Derby, with his stepdad Robert Cline watching on Lake Winnepesauke in Meredith. (Union Leader file)
The Great Rotary Fishing Derby, a popular event that draws fishermen from across New Hampshre and beyond, will be held this weekend in Meredith. First prize will be $15,000 cash and a bobhouse full of pride in reeling in the best fish. We'll be there to catch all the tournament action.
Still seeking answers
Their remains were discovered 15 years apart in two barrels in Allenstown, one in 1985 and the other in 2000, but the bodies of a woman and three children have yet to be identified, and authorities still don't know the story behind their murders. We'll look at the renewed interest in the case and what has prompted it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'