Legion commends student for fundraising efforts
The award was the result of Jordan's senior project at school, where she raised $1483.66 from a Combat Boot Drive in September. She presented a check to Commander Maynard for the American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund.
Jordan is the daughter of John Neylon Jr. of Laconia, who is the detachment adjutant for the New Hampshire Sons of the American Legion and granddaughter of John Neylon Sr., from Twin Mountain, the National Vice Commander of The American Legion. Jordan attended Girls State at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge last summer, where she was awarded the Eli A. Marcoux Leadership Award for her outstanding effort.
At school, she has played on the basketball team for four years, and was team captain this year; ran track in her junior and senior years, and is a member of the National Honor Society. She will enter Johnson & Wales University in Providence, R.I., to major in event and sports management.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 2
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans