Legion commends student for fundraising efforts
The award was the result of Jordan's senior project at school, where she raised $1483.66 from a Combat Boot Drive in September. She presented a check to Commander Maynard for the American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund.
Jordan is the daughter of John Neylon Jr. of Laconia, who is the detachment adjutant for the New Hampshire Sons of the American Legion and granddaughter of John Neylon Sr., from Twin Mountain, the National Vice Commander of The American Legion. Jordan attended Girls State at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge last summer, where she was awarded the Eli A. Marcoux Leadership Award for her outstanding effort.
At school, she has played on the basketball team for four years, and was team captain this year; ran track in her junior and senior years, and is a member of the National Honor Society. She will enter Johnson & Wales University in Providence, R.I., to major in event and sports management.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Hanover High in 'Granite State Challenge' - 0
- Manchester Central High’s John Rist, back in charge, wipes slate clean for some - 0
- Keene State College grad taking science study to new heights on Mount Everest - 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials say law governing bingo 'consultants' needs work - 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
George Will: The face of IRS behavior