Legion commends student for fundraising efforts
The award was the result of Jordan's senior project at school, where she raised $1483.66 from a Combat Boot Drive in September. She presented a check to Commander Maynard for the American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund.
Jordan is the daughter of John Neylon Jr. of Laconia, who is the detachment adjutant for the New Hampshire Sons of the American Legion and granddaughter of John Neylon Sr., from Twin Mountain, the National Vice Commander of The American Legion. Jordan attended Girls State at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge last summer, where she was awarded the Eli A. Marcoux Leadership Award for her outstanding effort.
At school, she has played on the basketball team for four years, and was team captain this year; ran track in her junior and senior years, and is a member of the National Honor Society. She will enter Johnson & Wales University in Providence, R.I., to major in event and sports management.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released