Legion commends student for fundraising efforts
The award was the result of Jordan's senior project at school, where she raised $1483.66 from a Combat Boot Drive in September. She presented a check to Commander Maynard for the American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund.
Jordan is the daughter of John Neylon Jr. of Laconia, who is the detachment adjutant for the New Hampshire Sons of the American Legion and granddaughter of John Neylon Sr., from Twin Mountain, the National Vice Commander of The American Legion. Jordan attended Girls State at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge last summer, where she was awarded the Eli A. Marcoux Leadership Award for her outstanding effort.
At school, she has played on the basketball team for four years, and was team captain this year; ran track in her junior and senior years, and is a member of the National Honor Society. She will enter Johnson & Wales University in Providence, R.I., to major in event and sports management.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 14
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time