Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Garnett sparks Celtics to 99-95 win over Raptors
Leandro Barbosa came off the bench to score 12 of his 14 points in the final quarter as the Celtics remained perfect since All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a season-ending knee injury and gave coach Doc Rivers his 400th career win.
Courtney Lee had 15 points and Paul Pierce added 12 and 11 rebounds as all five Boston starters scored in double figures for the fourth straight game in ending a two-game losing streak in Toronto.
Rudy Gay scored 25 points and Kyle Lowry added 17 for the Raptors, who blew a 10-point, fourth-quarter lead after putting up 34 points in the third quarter to take a 79-69 lead into the final 12 minutes.
Toronto trailed by three before Gay scored seven points in a 17-4 run to make it a 10-point lead entering the fourth. The Celtics scored the first 10 points of the quarter to tie it at 79, and after the Raptors went back ahead by four, Boston ripped off nine straight points for a 90-85 edge with four minutes to play.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Toronto F Andrea Bargnani returned to the lineup after a 26-game absence and scored 13 points off the bench. ... Garnett also grabbed 10 rebounds for his 13th double-double of the season. ... Gay's 25 points gave him 74 since joining the team and marked the most by a Raptors' player in his first three games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time