Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Garnett sparks Celtics to 99-95 win over Raptors
Leandro Barbosa came off the bench to score 12 of his 14 points in the final quarter as the Celtics remained perfect since All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a season-ending knee injury and gave coach Doc Rivers his 400th career win.
Courtney Lee had 15 points and Paul Pierce added 12 and 11 rebounds as all five Boston starters scored in double figures for the fourth straight game in ending a two-game losing streak in Toronto.
Rudy Gay scored 25 points and Kyle Lowry added 17 for the Raptors, who blew a 10-point, fourth-quarter lead after putting up 34 points in the third quarter to take a 79-69 lead into the final 12 minutes.
Toronto trailed by three before Gay scored seven points in a 17-4 run to make it a 10-point lead entering the fourth. The Celtics scored the first 10 points of the quarter to tie it at 79, and after the Raptors went back ahead by four, Boston ripped off nine straight points for a 90-85 edge with four minutes to play.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Toronto F Andrea Bargnani returned to the lineup after a 26-game absence and scored 13 points off the bench. ... Garnett also grabbed 10 rebounds for his 13th double-double of the season. ... Gay's 25 points gave him 74 since joining the team and marked the most by a Raptors' player in his first three games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released