Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Garnett sparks Celtics to 99-95 win over Raptors
Leandro Barbosa came off the bench to score 12 of his 14 points in the final quarter as the Celtics remained perfect since All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a season-ending knee injury and gave coach Doc Rivers his 400th career win.
Courtney Lee had 15 points and Paul Pierce added 12 and 11 rebounds as all five Boston starters scored in double figures for the fourth straight game in ending a two-game losing streak in Toronto.
Rudy Gay scored 25 points and Kyle Lowry added 17 for the Raptors, who blew a 10-point, fourth-quarter lead after putting up 34 points in the third quarter to take a 79-69 lead into the final 12 minutes.
Toronto trailed by three before Gay scored seven points in a 17-4 run to make it a 10-point lead entering the fourth. The Celtics scored the first 10 points of the quarter to tie it at 79, and after the Raptors went back ahead by four, Boston ripped off nine straight points for a 90-85 edge with four minutes to play.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Toronto F Andrea Bargnani returned to the lineup after a 26-game absence and scored 13 points off the bench. ... Garnett also grabbed 10 rebounds for his 13th double-double of the season. ... Gay's 25 points gave him 74 since joining the team and marked the most by a Raptors' player in his first three games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off