Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Garnett sparks Celtics to 99-95 win over Raptors
Leandro Barbosa came off the bench to score 12 of his 14 points in the final quarter as the Celtics remained perfect since All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a season-ending knee injury and gave coach Doc Rivers his 400th career win.
Courtney Lee had 15 points and Paul Pierce added 12 and 11 rebounds as all five Boston starters scored in double figures for the fourth straight game in ending a two-game losing streak in Toronto.
Rudy Gay scored 25 points and Kyle Lowry added 17 for the Raptors, who blew a 10-point, fourth-quarter lead after putting up 34 points in the third quarter to take a 79-69 lead into the final 12 minutes.
Toronto trailed by three before Gay scored seven points in a 17-4 run to make it a 10-point lead entering the fourth. The Celtics scored the first 10 points of the quarter to tie it at 79, and after the Raptors went back ahead by four, Boston ripped off nine straight points for a 90-85 edge with four minutes to play.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Toronto F Andrea Bargnani returned to the lineup after a 26-game absence and scored 13 points off the bench. ... Garnett also grabbed 10 rebounds for his 13th double-double of the season. ... Gay's 25 points gave him 74 since joining the team and marked the most by a Raptors' player in his first three games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 23
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 10
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands