Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Garnett sparks Celtics to 99-95 win over Raptors
Leandro Barbosa came off the bench to score 12 of his 14 points in the final quarter as the Celtics remained perfect since All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a season-ending knee injury and gave coach Doc Rivers his 400th career win.
Courtney Lee had 15 points and Paul Pierce added 12 and 11 rebounds as all five Boston starters scored in double figures for the fourth straight game in ending a two-game losing streak in Toronto.
Rudy Gay scored 25 points and Kyle Lowry added 17 for the Raptors, who blew a 10-point, fourth-quarter lead after putting up 34 points in the third quarter to take a 79-69 lead into the final 12 minutes.
Toronto trailed by three before Gay scored seven points in a 17-4 run to make it a 10-point lead entering the fourth. The Celtics scored the first 10 points of the quarter to tie it at 79, and after the Raptors went back ahead by four, Boston ripped off nine straight points for a 90-85 edge with four minutes to play.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Toronto F Andrea Bargnani returned to the lineup after a 26-game absence and scored 13 points off the bench. ... Garnett also grabbed 10 rebounds for his 13th double-double of the season. ... Gay's 25 points gave him 74 since joining the team and marked the most by a Raptors' player in his first three games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions