Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin, Krejci lift Bruins over Habs, 2-1
Krejci also recorded an assist and Tuukka Rask stopped 20 shots to snap a personal five-game losing streak against the Canadiens. The Bruins' third-period flurry led them to their fifth win in six contests (5-1-0) and a spot atop the Eastern Conference.
Defenseman P.K. Subban netted a power-play goal and Carey Price survived a pregame scare to finish with 21 saves for Montreal, which saw its five-game home winning streak come to an end.
With the game tied at 1-1, Seguin skated into the offensive zone before feeding Milan Lucic. The bruising left wing wired a centering pass from the left faceoff circle which caromed off Krejci's stick and into the net. The tally was Krejci's third of the season and second in three games.
Subban opened the scoring midway through the second period as his blast from the right point deflected off Rich Peverley's stick and over the glove of Rask. Seguin answered early in the third, accepting Krejci's centering pass on the doorstep and backhanding it past Price.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Price's night didn't start off well as teammate Lars Eller unleashed a shot which hit him in the groin during pregame warmups. Price fell to the ice in pain before retreating to the locker room for several minutes. ... Montreal held an 11-4 edge in shots during the first period. Boston was held without a shot until C Gregory Campbell's one-timer with 8:36 remaining in the session. ... Boston C Ryan Spooner, who was recalled from Providence of the American Hockey League on Monday, made his NHL debut and logged nearly 5 1/2 minutes of ice time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Data overreach Are programs really justified? The weak case for PRISM. - 11
- A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely - 8
- Border security? Maybe, some day, perhaps. Or not - 34
- Priority profs: University system tops HHS - 5
- Recognizing father: Not PC, but still OK - 1
- Closing Hanover St.: Not a 'free market' move - 6
- Step into the past: Discover old NH this weekend - 0
- Racial harmony: On preferences, it exists - 8
- School accountability: It is up to the parents - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage