Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin, Krejci lift Bruins over Habs, 2-1
Krejci also recorded an assist and Tuukka Rask stopped 20 shots to snap a personal five-game losing streak against the Canadiens. The Bruins' third-period flurry led them to their fifth win in six contests (5-1-0) and a spot atop the Eastern Conference.
Defenseman P.K. Subban netted a power-play goal and Carey Price survived a pregame scare to finish with 21 saves for Montreal, which saw its five-game home winning streak come to an end.
With the game tied at 1-1, Seguin skated into the offensive zone before feeding Milan Lucic. The bruising left wing wired a centering pass from the left faceoff circle which caromed off Krejci's stick and into the net. The tally was Krejci's third of the season and second in three games.
Subban opened the scoring midway through the second period as his blast from the right point deflected off Rich Peverley's stick and over the glove of Rask. Seguin answered early in the third, accepting Krejci's centering pass on the doorstep and backhanding it past Price.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Price's night didn't start off well as teammate Lars Eller unleashed a shot which hit him in the groin during pregame warmups. Price fell to the ice in pain before retreating to the locker room for several minutes. ... Montreal held an 11-4 edge in shots during the first period. Boston was held without a shot until C Gregory Campbell's one-timer with 8:36 remaining in the session. ... Boston C Ryan Spooner, who was recalled from Providence of the American Hockey League on Monday, made his NHL debut and logged nearly 5 1/2 minutes of ice time.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
- George Will: Forgetting the lessons of Watergate - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Screeching lies does not count as debate - 2
- Another View: Sen. Ayotte is doing the right thing on gun violence - 22
- Pat Buchanan: Requiem for the Grand Old Party - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Lebanon College graduates 19
Hooksett Police Commission walks away