Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin, Krejci lift Bruins over Habs, 2-1
Krejci also recorded an assist and Tuukka Rask stopped 20 shots to snap a personal five-game losing streak against the Canadiens. The Bruins' third-period flurry led them to their fifth win in six contests (5-1-0) and a spot atop the Eastern Conference.
Defenseman P.K. Subban netted a power-play goal and Carey Price survived a pregame scare to finish with 21 saves for Montreal, which saw its five-game home winning streak come to an end.
With the game tied at 1-1, Seguin skated into the offensive zone before feeding Milan Lucic. The bruising left wing wired a centering pass from the left faceoff circle which caromed off Krejci's stick and into the net. The tally was Krejci's third of the season and second in three games.
Subban opened the scoring midway through the second period as his blast from the right point deflected off Rich Peverley's stick and over the glove of Rask. Seguin answered early in the third, accepting Krejci's centering pass on the doorstep and backhanding it past Price.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Price's night didn't start off well as teammate Lars Eller unleashed a shot which hit him in the groin during pregame warmups. Price fell to the ice in pain before retreating to the locker room for several minutes. ... Montreal held an 11-4 edge in shots during the first period. Boston was held without a shot until C Gregory Campbell's one-timer with 8:36 remaining in the session. ... Boston C Ryan Spooner, who was recalled from Providence of the American Hockey League on Monday, made his NHL debut and logged nearly 5 1/2 minutes of ice time.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 27
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 11
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack