Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin, Krejci lift Bruins over Habs, 2-1
Krejci also recorded an assist and Tuukka Rask stopped 20 shots to snap a personal five-game losing streak against the Canadiens. The Bruins' third-period flurry led them to their fifth win in six contests (5-1-0) and a spot atop the Eastern Conference.
Defenseman P.K. Subban netted a power-play goal and Carey Price survived a pregame scare to finish with 21 saves for Montreal, which saw its five-game home winning streak come to an end.
With the game tied at 1-1, Seguin skated into the offensive zone before feeding Milan Lucic. The bruising left wing wired a centering pass from the left faceoff circle which caromed off Krejci's stick and into the net. The tally was Krejci's third of the season and second in three games.
Subban opened the scoring midway through the second period as his blast from the right point deflected off Rich Peverley's stick and over the glove of Rask. Seguin answered early in the third, accepting Krejci's centering pass on the doorstep and backhanding it past Price.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Price's night didn't start off well as teammate Lars Eller unleashed a shot which hit him in the groin during pregame warmups. Price fell to the ice in pain before retreating to the locker room for several minutes. ... Montreal held an 11-4 edge in shots during the first period. Boston was held without a shot until C Gregory Campbell's one-timer with 8:36 remaining in the session. ... Boston C Ryan Spooner, who was recalled from Providence of the American Hockey League on Monday, made his NHL debut and logged nearly 5 1/2 minutes of ice time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time