U.S. suffers World Cup blow with soccer defeat in Honduras
Clint Dempsey put the U.S. ahead in the 35th minute, but a brilliant bicycle kick from Juan Carlos Garcia brought Honduras level four minutes later.
Honduras dominated the second half and went ahead in the 78th minute when striker Jerry Bengtson took advantage of some woeful defending and slotted into an empty net.
The U.S. return to action against Costa Rica in Denver on March 22 as they look to secure one of the three automatic qualification spots from CONCACAF for the finals in Brazil next year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced