U.S. suffers World Cup blow with soccer defeat in Honduras
Clint Dempsey put the U.S. ahead in the 35th minute, but a brilliant bicycle kick from Juan Carlos Garcia brought Honduras level four minutes later.
Honduras dominated the second half and went ahead in the 78th minute when striker Jerry Bengtson took advantage of some woeful defending and slotted into an empty net.
The U.S. return to action against Costa Rica in Denver on March 22 as they look to secure one of the three automatic qualification spots from CONCACAF for the finals in Brazil next year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 1
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 1
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name