U.S. suffers World Cup blow with soccer defeat in Honduras
Clint Dempsey put the U.S. ahead in the 35th minute, but a brilliant bicycle kick from Juan Carlos Garcia brought Honduras level four minutes later.
Honduras dominated the second half and went ahead in the 78th minute when striker Jerry Bengtson took advantage of some woeful defending and slotted into an empty net.
The U.S. return to action against Costa Rica in Denver on March 22 as they look to secure one of the three automatic qualification spots from CONCACAF for the finals in Brazil next year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice