NHIAA Roundup: Trinity, Guertin skaters triumph
The Pioneers (9-3-1) and Marauders (5-6-2) traded goals in the first and third periods before Collins ended the stalemate, scoring off an assist from Tyler Tamboris at 11:16. Tamboris and Mitch Myers also scored for Trinity.
Ben Turner and Nick Bowen scored for Hanover. Bowen assisted on the first goal and scored the second one 15 seconds after Trinity had taken a 2-1 lead midway through the third period.
Bishop Guertin 4, Central 2: At Manchester, the up and down season of the Cardinals (6-6) hit a high note as they knocked off the Little Green (8-4) at the JFK Coliseum. Matt Blais had a pair of goals for BG, including an empty net tally to ice the game with 20 seconds left. Trevor Malmgren and Cole Anderson scored for Central.
Memorial 7, St. Thomas 4: In Dover, Brendan Sullivan and Bryce Jacob each scored two goals for Memorial (10-3) which fired 54 shots on net. T.J. Boulanger gave the Saints the early lead, but Jacab Boylan, Adam Tack, Sullivan and Ethan Pollock netted consecutive goals in the first period for a 4-3 Memorial lead.
Sullivan made it 5-3 just 56 seconds into the third frame before Jacob scored twice in a five-minute span to ice the win. Sullivan and Nick Burgess each had two assists in the win while Pollock, Tack, Kyle Broussard, Brady Sufat, Colin Williamson, Brady McNulty, Bryan Syrene and Andrew Putney each had an assist. Memorial will host Bishop Brady Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at JFK Coliseum.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 0
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 13
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan