NHIAA Roundup: Trinity, Guertin skaters triumph
Impending storm forces high school sports schedule changes
NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Londonderry skaters top arch-rival Pinkerton
NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Dover skaters defeat Bedford
NHIAA Scoreboard, Feb. 6, 2013
The Pioneers (9-3-1) and Marauders (5-6-2) traded goals in the first and third periods before Collins ended the stalemate, scoring off an assist from Tyler Tamboris at 11:16. Tamboris and Mitch Myers also scored for Trinity.
Ben Turner and Nick Bowen scored for Hanover. Bowen assisted on the first goal and scored the second one 15 seconds after Trinity had taken a 2-1 lead midway through the third period.
Bishop Guertin 4, Central 2: At Manchester, the up and down season of the Cardinals (6-6) hit a high note as they knocked off the Little Green (8-4) at the JFK Coliseum. Matt Blais had a pair of goals for BG, including an empty net tally to ice the game with 20 seconds left. Trevor Malmgren and Cole Anderson scored for Central.
Memorial 7, St. Thomas 4: In Dover, Brendan Sullivan and Bryce Jacob each scored two goals for Memorial (10-3) which fired 54 shots on net. T.J. Boulanger gave the Saints the early lead, but Jacab Boylan, Adam Tack, Sullivan and Ethan Pollock netted consecutive goals in the first period for a 4-3 Memorial lead.
Sullivan made it 5-3 just 56 seconds into the third frame before Jacob scored twice in a five-minute span to ice the win. Sullivan and Nick Burgess each had two assists in the win while Pollock, Tack, Kyle Broussard, Brady Sufat, Colin Williamson, Brady McNulty, Bryan Syrene and Andrew Putney each had an assist. Memorial will host Bishop Brady Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at JFK Coliseum.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 4
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack