NHIAA Roundup: Trinity, Guertin skaters triumph
The Pioneers (9-3-1) and Marauders (5-6-2) traded goals in the first and third periods before Collins ended the stalemate, scoring off an assist from Tyler Tamboris at 11:16. Tamboris and Mitch Myers also scored for Trinity.
Ben Turner and Nick Bowen scored for Hanover. Bowen assisted on the first goal and scored the second one 15 seconds after Trinity had taken a 2-1 lead midway through the third period.
Bishop Guertin 4, Central 2: At Manchester, the up and down season of the Cardinals (6-6) hit a high note as they knocked off the Little Green (8-4) at the JFK Coliseum. Matt Blais had a pair of goals for BG, including an empty net tally to ice the game with 20 seconds left. Trevor Malmgren and Cole Anderson scored for Central.
Memorial 7, St. Thomas 4: In Dover, Brendan Sullivan and Bryce Jacob each scored two goals for Memorial (10-3) which fired 54 shots on net. T.J. Boulanger gave the Saints the early lead, but Jacab Boylan, Adam Tack, Sullivan and Ethan Pollock netted consecutive goals in the first period for a 4-3 Memorial lead.
Sullivan made it 5-3 just 56 seconds into the third frame before Jacob scored twice in a five-minute span to ice the win. Sullivan and Nick Burgess each had two assists in the win while Pollock, Tack, Kyle Broussard, Brady Sufat, Colin Williamson, Brady McNulty, Bryan Syrene and Andrew Putney each had an assist. Memorial will host Bishop Brady Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at JFK Coliseum.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Heroin bust suspect also a registered sex offender, child in home at time of drug arrest was grandchild
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false