NHIAA Roundup: Trinity, Guertin skaters triumph
Impending storm forces high school sports schedule changes
NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Londonderry skaters top arch-rival Pinkerton
NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Dover skaters defeat Bedford
NHIAA Scoreboard, Feb. 6, 2013
The Pioneers (9-3-1) and Marauders (5-6-2) traded goals in the first and third periods before Collins ended the stalemate, scoring off an assist from Tyler Tamboris at 11:16. Tamboris and Mitch Myers also scored for Trinity.
Ben Turner and Nick Bowen scored for Hanover. Bowen assisted on the first goal and scored the second one 15 seconds after Trinity had taken a 2-1 lead midway through the third period.
Bishop Guertin 4, Central 2: At Manchester, the up and down season of the Cardinals (6-6) hit a high note as they knocked off the Little Green (8-4) at the JFK Coliseum. Matt Blais had a pair of goals for BG, including an empty net tally to ice the game with 20 seconds left. Trevor Malmgren and Cole Anderson scored for Central.
Memorial 7, St. Thomas 4: In Dover, Brendan Sullivan and Bryce Jacob each scored two goals for Memorial (10-3) which fired 54 shots on net. T.J. Boulanger gave the Saints the early lead, but Jacab Boylan, Adam Tack, Sullivan and Ethan Pollock netted consecutive goals in the first period for a 4-3 Memorial lead.
Sullivan made it 5-3 just 56 seconds into the third frame before Jacob scored twice in a five-minute span to ice the win. Sullivan and Nick Burgess each had two assists in the win while Pollock, Tack, Kyle Broussard, Brady Sufat, Colin Williamson, Brady McNulty, Bryan Syrene and Andrew Putney each had an assist. Memorial will host Bishop Brady Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at JFK Coliseum.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off