Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: FPU women cagers stun Stonehill
College Basketball: Balanced St. Anselm men top SNHU
College Basketball: SNHU women rolling, top St. A
Stonehill (17-2, 13-2 NE-10) led 16-10 when Franklin Pierce began a 16-0 run. The Ravens (13-6, 10-5) led 37-22 at halftime.
Franklin Pierce received 14 points from freshman forward Kara Charette, and junior guard Kate McDonald had nine points, eight rebounds, five assists and three steals. Stonehill missed 31 of its 47 field goal attempts.
UNH 67, Vermont 45: At Durham, Nashua's Kelsey Hogan tossed in a team-high 17 points as UNH raised its record to 8-13 overall and 3-6 in America East.
Elizabeth Belanger (12) and Kaylee Kilpatrick (10) also scored in double figures for the Wildcats, who led 29-11 at the half.
Vermont (7-14, 4-4) beat UNH 63-60 at Vermont last month.
Franklin Pierce 73, Stonehill 53: At Rindge, Eric-Jean Guillaume scored 19 points and Andre Blackwood finished with 15 to help the Ravens pull away in the second half. Franklin Pierce (14-5, 11-4 NE-10) outscored Stonehill (10-9, 6-9) 42-23 over the final 20 minutes.
Franklin Pierce shot 56.5 percent from the field (26 of 46) and made 10 of its 20 3-point attempts.
Vermont 63, UNH 48: At Burlington, the Catamounts received a game-high 16 points from Luke Apfeld and outscored the Wildcats 34-16 in the first half.
Patrick Konan (15) and Scott Morris were the high-scorers for UNH (6-16; 2-8 America East). Vermont (15-7, 8-2) held UNH to 19-of-49 shooting from the field.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
- George Will: Forgetting the lessons of Watergate - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Screeching lies does not count as debate - 2
- Another View: Sen. Ayotte is doing the right thing on gun violence - 22
- Pat Buchanan: Requiem for the Grand Old Party - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Lebanon College graduates 19
Hooksett Police Commission walks away