Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: FPU women cagers stun Stonehill
Stonehill (17-2, 13-2 NE-10) led 16-10 when Franklin Pierce began a 16-0 run. The Ravens (13-6, 10-5) led 37-22 at halftime.
Franklin Pierce received 14 points from freshman forward Kara Charette, and junior guard Kate McDonald had nine points, eight rebounds, five assists and three steals. Stonehill missed 31 of its 47 field goal attempts.
UNH 67, Vermont 45: At Durham, Nashua's Kelsey Hogan tossed in a team-high 17 points as UNH raised its record to 8-13 overall and 3-6 in America East.
Elizabeth Belanger (12) and Kaylee Kilpatrick (10) also scored in double figures for the Wildcats, who led 29-11 at the half.
Vermont (7-14, 4-4) beat UNH 63-60 at Vermont last month.
Franklin Pierce 73, Stonehill 53: At Rindge, Eric-Jean Guillaume scored 19 points and Andre Blackwood finished with 15 to help the Ravens pull away in the second half. Franklin Pierce (14-5, 11-4 NE-10) outscored Stonehill (10-9, 6-9) 42-23 over the final 20 minutes.
Franklin Pierce shot 56.5 percent from the field (26 of 46) and made 10 of its 20 3-point attempts.
Vermont 63, UNH 48: At Burlington, the Catamounts received a game-high 16 points from Luke Apfeld and outscored the Wildcats 34-16 in the first half.
Patrick Konan (15) and Scott Morris were the high-scorers for UNH (6-16; 2-8 America East). Vermont (15-7, 8-2) held UNH to 19-of-49 shooting from the field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings