Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: FPU women cagers stun Stonehill
College Basketball: Balanced St. Anselm men top SNHU
College Basketball: SNHU women rolling, top St. A
Stonehill (17-2, 13-2 NE-10) led 16-10 when Franklin Pierce began a 16-0 run. The Ravens (13-6, 10-5) led 37-22 at halftime.
Franklin Pierce received 14 points from freshman forward Kara Charette, and junior guard Kate McDonald had nine points, eight rebounds, five assists and three steals. Stonehill missed 31 of its 47 field goal attempts.
UNH 67, Vermont 45: At Durham, Nashua's Kelsey Hogan tossed in a team-high 17 points as UNH raised its record to 8-13 overall and 3-6 in America East.
Elizabeth Belanger (12) and Kaylee Kilpatrick (10) also scored in double figures for the Wildcats, who led 29-11 at the half.
Vermont (7-14, 4-4) beat UNH 63-60 at Vermont last month.
Franklin Pierce 73, Stonehill 53: At Rindge, Eric-Jean Guillaume scored 19 points and Andre Blackwood finished with 15 to help the Ravens pull away in the second half. Franklin Pierce (14-5, 11-4 NE-10) outscored Stonehill (10-9, 6-9) 42-23 over the final 20 minutes.
Franklin Pierce shot 56.5 percent from the field (26 of 46) and made 10 of its 20 3-point attempts.
Vermont 63, UNH 48: At Burlington, the Catamounts received a game-high 16 points from Luke Apfeld and outscored the Wildcats 34-16 in the first half.
Patrick Konan (15) and Scott Morris were the high-scorers for UNH (6-16; 2-8 America East). Vermont (15-7, 8-2) held UNH to 19-of-49 shooting from the field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 1
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 1
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary