Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: FPU women cagers stun Stonehill
College Basketball: Balanced St. Anselm men top SNHU
College Basketball: SNHU women rolling, top St. A
Stonehill (17-2, 13-2 NE-10) led 16-10 when Franklin Pierce began a 16-0 run. The Ravens (13-6, 10-5) led 37-22 at halftime.
Franklin Pierce received 14 points from freshman forward Kara Charette, and junior guard Kate McDonald had nine points, eight rebounds, five assists and three steals. Stonehill missed 31 of its 47 field goal attempts.
UNH 67, Vermont 45: At Durham, Nashua's Kelsey Hogan tossed in a team-high 17 points as UNH raised its record to 8-13 overall and 3-6 in America East.
Elizabeth Belanger (12) and Kaylee Kilpatrick (10) also scored in double figures for the Wildcats, who led 29-11 at the half.
Vermont (7-14, 4-4) beat UNH 63-60 at Vermont last month.
Franklin Pierce 73, Stonehill 53: At Rindge, Eric-Jean Guillaume scored 19 points and Andre Blackwood finished with 15 to help the Ravens pull away in the second half. Franklin Pierce (14-5, 11-4 NE-10) outscored Stonehill (10-9, 6-9) 42-23 over the final 20 minutes.
Franklin Pierce shot 56.5 percent from the field (26 of 46) and made 10 of its 20 3-point attempts.
Vermont 63, UNH 48: At Burlington, the Catamounts received a game-high 16 points from Luke Apfeld and outscored the Wildcats 34-16 in the first half.
Patrick Konan (15) and Scott Morris were the high-scorers for UNH (6-16; 2-8 America East). Vermont (15-7, 8-2) held UNH to 19-of-49 shooting from the field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off