Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: FPU women cagers stun Stonehill
Stonehill (17-2, 13-2 NE-10) led 16-10 when Franklin Pierce began a 16-0 run. The Ravens (13-6, 10-5) led 37-22 at halftime.
Franklin Pierce received 14 points from freshman forward Kara Charette, and junior guard Kate McDonald had nine points, eight rebounds, five assists and three steals. Stonehill missed 31 of its 47 field goal attempts.
UNH 67, Vermont 45: At Durham, Nashua's Kelsey Hogan tossed in a team-high 17 points as UNH raised its record to 8-13 overall and 3-6 in America East.
Elizabeth Belanger (12) and Kaylee Kilpatrick (10) also scored in double figures for the Wildcats, who led 29-11 at the half.
Vermont (7-14, 4-4) beat UNH 63-60 at Vermont last month.
Franklin Pierce 73, Stonehill 53: At Rindge, Eric-Jean Guillaume scored 19 points and Andre Blackwood finished with 15 to help the Ravens pull away in the second half. Franklin Pierce (14-5, 11-4 NE-10) outscored Stonehill (10-9, 6-9) 42-23 over the final 20 minutes.
Franklin Pierce shot 56.5 percent from the field (26 of 46) and made 10 of its 20 3-point attempts.
Vermont 63, UNH 48: At Burlington, the Catamounts received a game-high 16 points from Luke Apfeld and outscored the Wildcats 34-16 in the first half.
Patrick Konan (15) and Scott Morris were the high-scorers for UNH (6-16; 2-8 America East). Vermont (15-7, 8-2) held UNH to 19-of-49 shooting from the field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 24
- UNH lecturers seek to unionize - 7
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
- Winnisquam teachers OK three-year contract - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use