May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Thief steals from Nashua North team at Memorial
Lt. Michael Hurley said cell phones, cash, jewelry and electronics were among the items taken from 11 basketball players sometime between halftime and the end of the game, which Memorial won, 74 to 55.
Hurley said police "are looking at a particular student" in the thefts. He said a custodian was preparing to lock the door to the visiting locker room after halftime when he "found someone in there who wasn't supposed to be there."
No arrests had been made as of Thursday night.
Memorial boys basketball coach Jack Quirk said visiting teams have their own locker room. He said a custodian unlocks it for the team before the game and procedure calls for the custodian to lock the room when the team leaves for the start of the game and after halftime.
"The door was supposedly locked," Quirk said. "Someone could have been in there when the door was locked."
Quirk said the area around the locker rooms "is a tough place to police. There are just a lot of people in the locker room area."
The theft happened sometime during the game, he said. Quirk said school and police officials are aggressively investigating the matter.
"Hopefully, this can be resolved in a way where we'll get the stuff back. That's what we're hoping for," he said. "This is not something that the school or the police department is taking lightly."
Tom Arria, athletic director for Nashua North, declined to comment.
Memorial Principal Arthur Adamakos could not be reached for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 3
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Guertin girls net another win to make it 67 straight - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424