Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Thief steals from Nashua North team at Memorial
Lt. Michael Hurley said cell phones, cash, jewelry and electronics were among the items taken from 11 basketball players sometime between halftime and the end of the game, which Memorial won, 74 to 55.
Hurley said police "are looking at a particular student" in the thefts. He said a custodian was preparing to lock the door to the visiting locker room after halftime when he "found someone in there who wasn't supposed to be there."
No arrests had been made as of Thursday night.
Memorial boys basketball coach Jack Quirk said visiting teams have their own locker room. He said a custodian unlocks it for the team before the game and procedure calls for the custodian to lock the room when the team leaves for the start of the game and after halftime.
"The door was supposedly locked," Quirk said. "Someone could have been in there when the door was locked."
Quirk said the area around the locker rooms "is a tough place to police. There are just a lot of people in the locker room area."
The theft happened sometime during the game, he said. Quirk said school and police officials are aggressively investigating the matter.
"Hopefully, this can be resolved in a way where we'll get the stuff back. That's what we're hoping for," he said. "This is not something that the school or the police department is taking lightly."
Tom Arria, athletic director for Nashua North, declined to comment.
Memorial Principal Arthur Adamakos could not be reached for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483