June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Thief steals from Nashua North team at Memorial
Lt. Michael Hurley said cell phones, cash, jewelry and electronics were among the items taken from 11 basketball players sometime between halftime and the end of the game, which Memorial won, 74 to 55.
Hurley said police "are looking at a particular student" in the thefts. He said a custodian was preparing to lock the door to the visiting locker room after halftime when he "found someone in there who wasn't supposed to be there."
No arrests had been made as of Thursday night.
Memorial boys basketball coach Jack Quirk said visiting teams have their own locker room. He said a custodian unlocks it for the team before the game and procedure calls for the custodian to lock the room when the team leaves for the start of the game and after halftime.
"The door was supposedly locked," Quirk said. "Someone could have been in there when the door was locked."
Quirk said the area around the locker rooms "is a tough place to police. There are just a lot of people in the locker room area."
The theft happened sometime during the game, he said. Quirk said school and police officials are aggressively investigating the matter.
"Hopefully, this can be resolved in a way where we'll get the stuff back. That's what we're hoping for," he said. "This is not something that the school or the police department is taking lightly."
Tom Arria, athletic director for Nashua North, declined to comment.
Memorial Principal Arthur Adamakos could not be reached for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424