Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Thief steals from Nashua North team at Memorial
Lt. Michael Hurley said cell phones, cash, jewelry and electronics were among the items taken from 11 basketball players sometime between halftime and the end of the game, which Memorial won, 74 to 55.
Hurley said police "are looking at a particular student" in the thefts. He said a custodian was preparing to lock the door to the visiting locker room after halftime when he "found someone in there who wasn't supposed to be there."
No arrests had been made as of Thursday night.
Memorial boys basketball coach Jack Quirk said visiting teams have their own locker room. He said a custodian unlocks it for the team before the game and procedure calls for the custodian to lock the room when the team leaves for the start of the game and after halftime.
"The door was supposedly locked," Quirk said. "Someone could have been in there when the door was locked."
Quirk said the area around the locker rooms "is a tough place to police. There are just a lot of people in the locker room area."
The theft happened sometime during the game, he said. Quirk said school and police officials are aggressively investigating the matter.
"Hopefully, this can be resolved in a way where we'll get the stuff back. That's what we're hoping for," he said. "This is not something that the school or the police department is taking lightly."
Tom Arria, athletic director for Nashua North, declined to comment.
Memorial Principal Arthur Adamakos could not be reached for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 32
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424