Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Portsmouth jewelry store burglarized
Police received an alarm call from Chrisrial and Company Jewelers at 28 Deer St. around 4 a.m. Thursday.
Within minutes, patrol officers were on scene and discovered the glass door to the building and an entrance door to the jewelry store itself had been smashed. Police said a 30-pound dumbbell left at the scene was used to break both glass doors.
Several glass cases were also smashed and an undisclosed amount of jewelry was taken. Police said the suspect fled on foot.
Video surveillance captured images of the suspect who is described as a man of medium height and medium to heavy build. Police said he was wearing blue jeans, a dark belt, black boots, a black jacket or sweatshirt with a hood, light-colored gloves and may have had a dark mask covering his face.
Portsmouth police officers along with a New Hampshire State Police K-9 unit conducted a search of the area but the suspect was not located.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
- Man faces many charges following Milford rampage - 0
- Accused New Ipswich bank robber says he shouldn’t be on the streets - 1
- Manchester man accused of violating bail conditions - 0
- Jury: Bow roofer swindled customers in Rockingham County. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 3
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- St. A Hawks grounded by the Chargers - 0
- Manchester Memorial’s reign comes to an end - 0
- MTA seeks shift to city’s health plan - 1
House votes for cellphone ban while driving