Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Portsmouth jewelry store burglarized
Police received an alarm call from Chrisrial and Company Jewelers at 28 Deer St. around 4 a.m. Thursday.
Within minutes, patrol officers were on scene and discovered the glass door to the building and an entrance door to the jewelry store itself had been smashed. Police said a 30-pound dumbbell left at the scene was used to break both glass doors.
Several glass cases were also smashed and an undisclosed amount of jewelry was taken. Police said the suspect fled on foot.
Video surveillance captured images of the suspect who is described as a man of medium height and medium to heavy build. Police said he was wearing blue jeans, a dark belt, black boots, a black jacket or sweatshirt with a hood, light-colored gloves and may have had a dark mask covering his face.
Portsmouth police officers along with a New Hampshire State Police K-9 unit conducted a search of the area but the suspect was not located.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Ex-Seabrook police officer wants to keep sealed statements out of trial - 0
- Hollis police investigating thefts from vehicles - 0
- Hooksett woman charged with child sex assault - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Stalking charge filed after court appearance - 0
- 2 men charged with stealing $210k in cash from Salem home - 0
- Two indicted for possession, intent to sell spice - 0
- Guardianship sought for Middleton man accused in standoff - 0
- Deliberations continue in Dover fatal stabbing trial - 0
- Suspect identified in shooting at Canada's Parliament - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Islanders make Boychuk's return a happy one with 3-2 win - 0
- Police say driver in Amherst fatal crash was traveling about 45 mph above limit - 0
- Stocks rally on better-than-expected earnings - 0
- Apple leaves door open for GT Advanced - 0
- Nashua dealing with roadway flooding - 0
- Shaheen, Brown clash over handling of Ebola threat - 2
- FairPoint finds lines cut, calls it 'sabotage' - 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Dead racoon found in Derry tests positive for rabies - 0
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483