June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Portsmouth jewelry store burglarized
Police received an alarm call from Chrisrial and Company Jewelers at 28 Deer St. around 4 a.m. Thursday.
Within minutes, patrol officers were on scene and discovered the glass door to the building and an entrance door to the jewelry store itself had been smashed. Police said a 30-pound dumbbell left at the scene was used to break both glass doors.
Several glass cases were also smashed and an undisclosed amount of jewelry was taken. Police said the suspect fled on foot.
Video surveillance captured images of the suspect who is described as a man of medium height and medium to heavy build. Police said he was wearing blue jeans, a dark belt, black boots, a black jacket or sweatshirt with a hood, light-colored gloves and may have had a dark mask covering his face.
Portsmouth police officers along with a New Hampshire State Police K-9 unit conducted a search of the area but the suspect was not located.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424