June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Salem police say informant reneged on deal so they arrest him
Originally, investigators on Jan. 28 agreed not to arrest Rafael Beaumed, 34, formerly of 7 Webster St., on drug charges at that time because he agreed to provide information to undercover detectives in other drug probes.
Deputy Chief Shawn J. Patten said Beaumed never came across with any information and, as it turned out, police were tipped he planned to move south, was packing up and had moving trucks at his residence.
As a result, undercover detectives obtained warrants for his arrest for possessing and transporting cocaine related to the Jan. 28 incident and arrested him Wednesday afternoon without incident in the parking lot at the Fisk School. He is being held on $5,000 cash bail. Patten also identified Beaumed as the only suspect in an arson last February that destroyed his 7 Webster St. home located near Canobie Lake Park.
Police said Beaumed has not been charged due to lack of evidence, but the investigation is ongoing.
News reports at the time said the Red Cross was helping the family of five, which included three children, who lost everything in the blaze. No one was home at the time, although two dogs made it out, and a cat perished.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424