May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Salem police say informant reneged on deal so they arrest him
Originally, investigators on Jan. 28 agreed not to arrest Rafael Beaumed, 34, formerly of 7 Webster St., on drug charges at that time because he agreed to provide information to undercover detectives in other drug probes.
Deputy Chief Shawn J. Patten said Beaumed never came across with any information and, as it turned out, police were tipped he planned to move south, was packing up and had moving trucks at his residence.
As a result, undercover detectives obtained warrants for his arrest for possessing and transporting cocaine related to the Jan. 28 incident and arrested him Wednesday afternoon without incident in the parking lot at the Fisk School. He is being held on $5,000 cash bail. Patten also identified Beaumed as the only suspect in an arson last February that destroyed his 7 Webster St. home located near Canobie Lake Park.
Police said Beaumed has not been charged due to lack of evidence, but the investigation is ongoing.
News reports at the time said the Red Cross was helping the family of five, which included three children, who lost everything in the blaze. No one was home at the time, although two dogs made it out, and a cat perished.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424