May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Salem police say informant reneged on deal so they arrest him
Originally, investigators on Jan. 28 agreed not to arrest Rafael Beaumed, 34, formerly of 7 Webster St., on drug charges at that time because he agreed to provide information to undercover detectives in other drug probes.
Deputy Chief Shawn J. Patten said Beaumed never came across with any information and, as it turned out, police were tipped he planned to move south, was packing up and had moving trucks at his residence.
As a result, undercover detectives obtained warrants for his arrest for possessing and transporting cocaine related to the Jan. 28 incident and arrested him Wednesday afternoon without incident in the parking lot at the Fisk School. He is being held on $5,000 cash bail. Patten also identified Beaumed as the only suspect in an arson last February that destroyed his 7 Webster St. home located near Canobie Lake Park.
Police said Beaumed has not been charged due to lack of evidence, but the investigation is ongoing.
News reports at the time said the Red Cross was helping the family of five, which included three children, who lost everything in the blaze. No one was home at the time, although two dogs made it out, and a cat perished.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424