May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Rochester driver arrested in hit-and-run
Beverly Shannon of 28 Periwinkle Drive was arrested Wednesday on a charge of conduct after an accident in connection with a Feb. 2 head-on crash at Columbus Avenue and Summer Street.
Robert Bregy, 50, of Somersworth, suffered injuries police described as not life threatening in the collision. He was driving a 1995 Honda Civic north on Columbus Avenue when a blue Buick, heading in the opposite direction, crossed the northbound lane and hit his car head-on.
The Honda's airbags deployed and the car was substantially damaged in the front. Bregy was transported by ambulance to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for treatment.
The Buick fled the scene, heading north on Milton Road, possibly into Farmington on Chestnut Hill Road. The car also had heavy front-end damage, was leaking fluid from the engine compartment, and had a damaged headlight.
After the crash, police received an anonymous tip from a citizen who identified Shannon as the driver. Investigators located her vehicle and arrested her.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424