Home » News » Public Safety
Friends remember Wolfeboro Realtor killed in crash
Ferenc Nagy, 50, of Gilmanton was driving his Chevrolet pickup truck south when it struck a northbound Chevrolet Impala driven by Mary Lovasco, 54, of the Mirror Lake area of Tuftonboro.
Nagy, Lovasco, and two of Lovasco's dogs were killed in the crash.
Police Chief Ryan Heath said the cause of the accident is not yet known.
"The autopsies have been done, and about all I can say now is they both died on contact when the crash occurred," Heath said.
Nagy, who lived in Gilmanton and was a former member of that town's conservation commission, became a broker associate at Wolfeboro Bay Real Estate four years ago, and was very popular with customers and office mates, said Lisa Williams, a broker and owner of the firm.
Nagy, who was of German descent and spoke with a slight accent, Williams said, was "highly intelligent, sweet, kind, pleasant person" who was also very successful in real estate sales, she said. He loved the outdoors, was a hunter and fisherman.
He moved to the state 15 years ago after graduating from Northeastern University, according to his self-written biography for the business's website. He was involved with the Boy Scouts as a volunteer, where he had his "first glimpses of the quality of life here in the Granite State."
"He was a great guy, and he loved it here," said fellow Wolfeboro Bay Realtor Dave Belleau.
Williams said she had been working with Nagy in the hours before he died.
"At least I got those last few hours with him," she said. "He was talking about his Florida trip, he was leaving this weekend. I can't believe he's gone."
Funeral arrangements for Nagy and Lovasco were not available Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072