Home » News » Public Safety
Friends remember Wolfeboro Realtor killed in crash
Ferenc Nagy, 50, of Gilmanton was driving his Chevrolet pickup truck south when it struck a northbound Chevrolet Impala driven by Mary Lovasco, 54, of the Mirror Lake area of Tuftonboro.
Nagy, Lovasco, and two of Lovasco's dogs were killed in the crash.
Police Chief Ryan Heath said the cause of the accident is not yet known.
"The autopsies have been done, and about all I can say now is they both died on contact when the crash occurred," Heath said.
Nagy, who lived in Gilmanton and was a former member of that town's conservation commission, became a broker associate at Wolfeboro Bay Real Estate four years ago, and was very popular with customers and office mates, said Lisa Williams, a broker and owner of the firm.
Nagy, who was of German descent and spoke with a slight accent, Williams said, was "highly intelligent, sweet, kind, pleasant person" who was also very successful in real estate sales, she said. He loved the outdoors, was a hunter and fisherman.
He moved to the state 15 years ago after graduating from Northeastern University, according to his self-written biography for the business's website. He was involved with the Boy Scouts as a volunteer, where he had his "first glimpses of the quality of life here in the Granite State."
"He was a great guy, and he loved it here," said fellow Wolfeboro Bay Realtor Dave Belleau.
Williams said she had been working with Nagy in the hours before he died.
"At least I got those last few hours with him," she said. "He was talking about his Florida trip, he was leaving this weekend. I can't believe he's gone."
Funeral arrangements for Nagy and Lovasco were not available Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 1
- FBI agent kills Florida man with suspected ties to Marathon bombing - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs