Home » News » Public Safety
Friends remember Wolfeboro Realtor killed in crash
Ferenc Nagy, 50, of Gilmanton was driving his Chevrolet pickup truck south when it struck a northbound Chevrolet Impala driven by Mary Lovasco, 54, of the Mirror Lake area of Tuftonboro.
Nagy, Lovasco, and two of Lovasco's dogs were killed in the crash.
Police Chief Ryan Heath said the cause of the accident is not yet known.
"The autopsies have been done, and about all I can say now is they both died on contact when the crash occurred," Heath said.
Nagy, who lived in Gilmanton and was a former member of that town's conservation commission, became a broker associate at Wolfeboro Bay Real Estate four years ago, and was very popular with customers and office mates, said Lisa Williams, a broker and owner of the firm.
Nagy, who was of German descent and spoke with a slight accent, Williams said, was "highly intelligent, sweet, kind, pleasant person" who was also very successful in real estate sales, she said. He loved the outdoors, was a hunter and fisherman.
He moved to the state 15 years ago after graduating from Northeastern University, according to his self-written biography for the business's website. He was involved with the Boy Scouts as a volunteer, where he had his "first glimpses of the quality of life here in the Granite State."
"He was a great guy, and he loved it here," said fellow Wolfeboro Bay Realtor Dave Belleau.
Williams said she had been working with Nagy in the hours before he died.
"At least I got those last few hours with him," she said. "He was talking about his Florida trip, he was leaving this weekend. I can't believe he's gone."
Funeral arrangements for Nagy and Lovasco were not available Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 6
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 8
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 2
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 2
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 6
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test