Home » News » Public Safety
Friends remember Wolfeboro Realtor killed in crash
Ferenc Nagy, 50, of Gilmanton was driving his Chevrolet pickup truck south when it struck a northbound Chevrolet Impala driven by Mary Lovasco, 54, of the Mirror Lake area of Tuftonboro.
Nagy, Lovasco, and two of Lovasco's dogs were killed in the crash.
Police Chief Ryan Heath said the cause of the accident is not yet known.
"The autopsies have been done, and about all I can say now is they both died on contact when the crash occurred," Heath said.
Nagy, who lived in Gilmanton and was a former member of that town's conservation commission, became a broker associate at Wolfeboro Bay Real Estate four years ago, and was very popular with customers and office mates, said Lisa Williams, a broker and owner of the firm.
Nagy, who was of German descent and spoke with a slight accent, Williams said, was "highly intelligent, sweet, kind, pleasant person" who was also very successful in real estate sales, she said. He loved the outdoors, was a hunter and fisherman.
He moved to the state 15 years ago after graduating from Northeastern University, according to his self-written biography for the business's website. He was involved with the Boy Scouts as a volunteer, where he had his "first glimpses of the quality of life here in the Granite State."
"He was a great guy, and he loved it here," said fellow Wolfeboro Bay Realtor Dave Belleau.
Williams said she had been working with Nagy in the hours before he died.
"At least I got those last few hours with him," she said. "He was talking about his Florida trip, he was leaving this weekend. I can't believe he's gone."
Funeral arrangements for Nagy and Lovasco were not available Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'