Home » News » Public Safety
Friends remember Wolfeboro Realtor killed in crash
Ferenc Nagy, 50, of Gilmanton was driving his Chevrolet pickup truck south when it struck a northbound Chevrolet Impala driven by Mary Lovasco, 54, of the Mirror Lake area of Tuftonboro.
Nagy, Lovasco, and two of Lovasco's dogs were killed in the crash.
Police Chief Ryan Heath said the cause of the accident is not yet known.
"The autopsies have been done, and about all I can say now is they both died on contact when the crash occurred," Heath said.
Nagy, who lived in Gilmanton and was a former member of that town's conservation commission, became a broker associate at Wolfeboro Bay Real Estate four years ago, and was very popular with customers and office mates, said Lisa Williams, a broker and owner of the firm.
Nagy, who was of German descent and spoke with a slight accent, Williams said, was "highly intelligent, sweet, kind, pleasant person" who was also very successful in real estate sales, she said. He loved the outdoors, was a hunter and fisherman.
He moved to the state 15 years ago after graduating from Northeastern University, according to his self-written biography for the business's website. He was involved with the Boy Scouts as a volunteer, where he had his "first glimpses of the quality of life here in the Granite State."
"He was a great guy, and he loved it here," said fellow Wolfeboro Bay Realtor Dave Belleau.
Williams said she had been working with Nagy in the hours before he died.
"At least I got those last few hours with him," she said. "He was talking about his Florida trip, he was leaving this weekend. I can't believe he's gone."
Funeral arrangements for Nagy and Lovasco were not available Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents