Deployment ceremony rescheduled to Sunday
Due to the impending winter storm, the deployment ceremony for the 237th Military Police Company, New Hampshire Army National Guard, has been rescheduled to Sunday at the Southern New Hampshire University field house, 2500 River Road, Manchester.
The ceremony begins at 2 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend.
The 237th MPs, known as the "Regulators," are deploying to Afghanistan for nine months in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Comprised of 110 soldiers, the company will train at Fort Bliss, Texas, for two months before departing to Khost Province where it will mentor Afghan national police and conduct joint presence patrols to locate and defeat enemy insurgents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 17
- Even without electricity, this Thanksgiving feast got cooked in Newmarket - 1
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Holiday travelers will be heading over the river and through the snow - 0
- Residents in western N.Y. call snow worst in memory - 0
- Slick commute in store for some NH motorists today - 1
- Windy weather whips across New Hampshire - 0
- Leaks fixed, visits resume at Goffstown women's prison - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins