Deployment ceremony rescheduled to Sunday
Due to the impending winter storm, the deployment ceremony for the 237th Military Police Company, New Hampshire Army National Guard, has been rescheduled to Sunday at the Southern New Hampshire University field house, 2500 River Road, Manchester.
The ceremony begins at 2 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend.
The 237th MPs, known as the "Regulators," are deploying to Afghanistan for nine months in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Comprised of 110 soldiers, the company will train at Fort Bliss, Texas, for two months before departing to Khost Province where it will mentor Afghan national police and conduct joint presence patrols to locate and defeat enemy insurgents.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Reports: No major damage caused by latest mixed precipitation storm - 0
- Storm blasts state with messy mix - 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Bomb squad activated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver killed in Barrington rollover crash; power restored - 0
- Schedule for today's Queen City Invitational Basketball, Bauer Christmas Hockey tournaments - 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Central rally stuns Memorial - 1
- NHIAA Hockey: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Murder suspect fit for trial?