Deployment ceremony rescheduled to Sunday
Due to the impending winter storm, the deployment ceremony for the 237th Military Police Company, New Hampshire Army National Guard, has been rescheduled to Sunday at the Southern New Hampshire University field house, 2500 River Road, Manchester.
The ceremony begins at 2 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend.
The 237th MPs, known as the "Regulators," are deploying to Afghanistan for nine months in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Comprised of 110 soldiers, the company will train at Fort Bliss, Texas, for two months before departing to Khost Province where it will mentor Afghan national police and conduct joint presence patrols to locate and defeat enemy insurgents.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 1
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help