Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm postpones Dover rezoning forum
The Gateway Rezoning Study Charrette session, which was set for Saturday, was rescheduled for March 2 in Room 306 at the McConnell Center. The event will begin with an hour-long public input session at 10 a.m. and the results of the charrette will be released at 2 p.m.
The intent of the program is to ensure the city is heading in a direction which encourages growth and allows area residents to travel through neighborhoods safely and efficiently. The forum allows experts, officials and residents to brainstorm about potential issues and solutions in order to develop plans.
During a session on Feb. 2, more than 20 residents discussed major gateways - which connect the city's urban core to residential areas - including portions of Central Avenue, Broadway, Portland Avenue, Sixth Street and Silver Street. The upcoming session will continue the discussion, but will focus on Central Avenue south of Silver Street, according to a release by the Planning Department.
"Public participation is essential to a successful project outcome that reflects the community's values and vision. We want to hear from as many people as possible and thought the storm would deter us from our goal of maximizing opportunities for public participation," Assistant City Planner Timothy Corwin said in the release.
Meanwhile, residents and visitors are encouraged to participate in an online survey on the Planning Department's home page at www.dover.nh.gov/planhome.htm. After completing the survey, there is an opportunity to enter their name in a raffle to win a $50 Main Street gift card, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 4
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs